Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How May I Help You?



Today I start training in the more casual partner restaurant on the first floor of my restaurant's building. My boss wants people to pick up a couple of lunch shifts here and there, and I want a change of pace. I also want to work in a restaurant where the waitress actually serves the food. In the Brazilian-styled Grill, the meal is made up of a buffet style salad bar and then meat served on a spit by the gauchos, or Brazilian Cowboys. Since our restaurant is pretty upscale, I have a lot of experience serving drinks and, most importantly, bottles of wine, but when it comes to balancing a tray of food, I'm a rookie. So I see this as an opportunity to get a little practice so that when I leave this restaurant (and maybe this city), I'll have all the skills necessary to get a good job in any restaurant I choose. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment